Referring a Patient to IPV Services
Domestic violence services are still available for victims during the COVID-19 shut-down. Please reach out if you or your patient needs help.
- For a list of our hospital-based domestic violence programs in Maryland, click here.
- For a list of local domestic violence programs in Maryland, visit the Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence.
- For national resources, visit Futures Without Violence.
Working With a Patient Through Technological Platforms
Using technology with a patient who is experiencing abuse in the home offers new challenges and safety risks. See below for resources to help.
- For more information regarding encountering intimate partner violence during telehealth appointments, reference our Intimate Partner Violence and Telehealth Postcard
- For best practices regarding using technology to communicate with an IPV survivor, visit the National Network to End Domestic Violence.
- For telemental health resources during COVID-19, visit the Zur Institute.
Further Resources and Research Regarding COVID-19’s Impact on Intimate Partner Violence
While we are still learning about COVID-19’s full impact on intimate partner violence dynamics, it is important to be aware of the information as it develops. See below resources and research to learn more.